Our simple mission statement is to:
Promote the game of golf in a safe, fun and friendly environment in order to enable every junior to learn to enjoy the game and in so doing reach their full potential.
To achieve this we provide:
- Regular professional coaching sessions on most Tuesday afternoons 1630-1800hrs.
- A single session of individual and personal coaching for all junior members per year.
- Mentoring and guidance on the course for those starting the game to build up confidence in playing etiquette, course management and scoring.
- Regular junior competitions with reserved tee times on Sunday afternoons.
- A full fixture list of competitive matches for those CONGU handicapped juniors against other teams in the York Golf Union.
- Encouragement to get out and play, where possible utilising the support of adult members to share the enjoyment of watching our junior members flourish.
- A supportive safe and enjoyable environment where the wellbeing and safeguarding of all children is paramount.
The Junior Section is spilt into two sections:
1. CONGU Handicapers. The experienced and competent juniors who form the squad for competitive junior matches.
2. The 'Blues'. Those juniors who are just starting out and are yet to achieve a handicap and those who have a
club handicap from the Blue Tees.
Points of Contact for York Juniors. Responsibility for the junior section is vested in the following individuals:
Coaching - Tom James (TJ).
CONGU Matches - Nigel Dolling.
Blues - Colin Riddell.
Child Welfare Officer - Mike Wells (Club Secretary).
Junior Girls - Miranda Stephenson
Whatever your ability level and aspirations we are confident that the friendly, fun and supportive environment at York Golf Club will enable you to realise your potential. If you are interested in taking up golf or want more information please get in touch with our professional team on 01904 490304 who will be delighted to assist you.