Our simple mission statement is to:
Promote the game of golf in a safe, fun and friendly environment in order to enable every junior to learn to enjoy the game and in so doing reach their full potential.
To achieve this we provide:
- Regular professional coaching sessions on most Tuesday afternoons (1630-1800hrs) from Apr to Oct.
- A single session of individual and personal coaching for all junior members per year.
- Mentoring and guidance on the course for those starting the game to build up confidence in playing etiquette, course management and scoring.
- Regular junior CONGU stableford competitions with reserved tee times on Sunday afternoons.
- A full fixture list of competitive matches for those CONGU handicapped juniors against other teams in the York Golf Union.
- Fun competitive golf events for juniors yet to get a CONGU handicap.
- A range of club junior competitions with trophies.
- Encouragement to get out and play, where possible and appropriate utilising the support of adult members to share the enjoyment of watching our junior members flourish.
- A supportive safe and enjoyable environment where the wellbeing and safeguarding of all children is paramount.
The Junior Section is spilt into three sections:
1. Junior CONGU. The experienced and competent juniors who form the squad for competitive junior matches playing off the mens’ and ladies’ tees.
2. The 'Blues'. Those juniors who have a CONGU handicap gained from the forward Blue tees.
3. The ‘Pre-Blues’. Those juniors who have yet to gain a CONGU handicap.
Points of Contact for York Juniors. Responsibility for the junior section is vested in the following individuals:
Coaching - Tom James (TJ).
Junior Organiser – Colin Riddell
Junior CONGU inter-club matches - Nigel Dolling.
Junior Girls - Miranda Stephenson
Child Welfare Officer - Mike Wells (Club Secretary).
Whatever your ability level and aspirations we are confident that the friendly, fun and supportive environment at York Golf Club will enable you to realise your potential. If you are interested in taking up golf or want more information please get in touch with our professional team on 01904 490304 who will be delighted to assist you.