A two-step signalling process is followed: -
A hand-signal to acknowledge the golfer and tell them that they must wait. This will be a single raised hand.
A waving of the hand/arm in a forwards and backwards motion signals the golfer to play.
Please also note the following points: -
• If the greenkeeper is within 2 minutes of completing a task, they will finish before moving away.
• If the greenkeeper is NOT within 2 minutes of completing the task, they will move to a position of safety and wave golfers on.
• DO NOT assume a greenkeeper will be able to hear or react to a shout of “FORE!”
• A position of safety includes parking at the edge of the fairway and facing away from golfers.
• All golfers and greens staff have been provided with this information.
• ANY subsequent near misses, resulting from impatient golfers will be reported and pursued by the club.
• This is a Zero Tolerance Policy.